Re: Network setup problems

From: Kent West <westk@acu.edu>

I doubt it; have you tried pinging by address instead of by name?

This "feels" like a problem with Windows; do you have a firewall on the W2K laptop? It might be blocking ping traffic.

I'd pop a Knoppix CD into the W2K box and see if it works correctly on the network; that'll eliminate wiring/etc issues.

--
Kent

Kent,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I pinged by address with the same results.

I don't have a firewall on the W2K laptop but I do on the debian box. This must be responsible for it. I forgot about the firewall completely. I will reconfigure it and see if it works.

Regards
Ogya

Get picture messages that say it all at MSN Mobile Fun! http://ringtones.msn.co.za/