Re: which gcc do I have?

%% "Paul Akkermans" <paulakkermans@wanadoo.nl> writes:

  pa> I have installed Debian(from a distribution cd) on my Pentium 2
  pa> and I am wondering how I can see which version of gcc I have
  pa> installed on my system. Can anybody tell me how I can see this and
  pa> how to upgrade this (if this is possible).

Others have told you how to ask GCC what version it is.

If you want to ask Debian what versions of the GCC Debian packages were
installed, you can do something like this:

  $ dpkg -l gcc\*

The packages with the "i" in the second column are installed on your
system.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools