Snort default config ?

Installed snort the other day and I am getting daily reports
from the default setup.  I did nothing but install.

So, is there anything I should/need do to this default config
for simple monitoring or/and a bit of added security or  is
the default config adequate?

I know this is a loaded question but I am asking primarily
about any simple/no brainer type of added configs that a
simple user might want/need.

Lance

--

                                Lance Hoffmeyer
                              lance@augustmail.com

  It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible
                        nonconformist warmly acclaimed.
                                       -
                                Albert Einstein