Re: Real Time monitoring/alerting utility..

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 02:32:08PM +1000, Michael Bellears wrote:
> We have a client who is wanting real-time notifications of FTP/SSH
> connections to there WebServer - Could this be achieved with a
> TCPWrappers script for those two services? Or is there a utility
> available that can do this?
>
> They will have a firewall sitting in front of the server, but would like
> a redundant notification system for these connections.
>
> Regards,
> MB
Hi Michael,
by 'realtime', do you mean :
1) an email sent to him every hour?
2) a means to query the server at any time
to show ftp/ssh connections?
1) would use cron to check maybe netstats and email a report.
2) could use webmin, which has a 'webbased' shell to run 'netstat' or
'who'.
Or maybe something else?
-Kev

--