Re: 2.6.7 kernel build using make-kpkg no initrd.img produced

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 05:21:30PM +0100, robin wrote:
> Using make menuconfig,  initrd set to built-in under device drivers /
> block devices

You don't need an initrd for kernels you compile yourself. Remove it, and
ensure you compile in (statically) support for block IDE, and your
filesystem(s).

> Let lilo run this time and it produced error log :Fatal: open
> /initrd.img: No such file or directory
> Have I missed something ?

You probably need to run mkinitrd, but I have no idea without seeing your
.config and lilo.conf file.

-- Thomas Adam
--
"Frankly, Mr. Shankly, since you ask. You are a flatulent pain in
the arse." -- Morrissey.