Re: OT:Hardly any messages getthing through

On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 03:47:46PM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I can only read replies to my previous post via the web site
>
> I am not receiving anything - but from the web site ...
> From: Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com>
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 08:50:06AM +0100, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > Is there a load of mail held in a queue somewhere, or is there a problem
> with
> > my registration?
> >
> > For the past two days, I have had about 3 messages from this list.  Looking
> at
> > the archive, there has been more than that - but not a significant amount
> and
> > certainly not the normal volumes.
> >
> > --
> Hi Alan,
> did you add any mail filtering or did you modify any recipies?
> -Kev
>

> Answer: NO - nothing is reaching the chandlerfamily.org.uk mail server.  Not
> even requests that might be being rejected.
>
> I even tried re-subscribing to the list.
>

> The post from Paul Scott arrived directly (because he CC mailed me), but I
> didn't receive back my original post nor his post coming via the list
>
> Strange!

Hi Alan,
It seems non-DU replays get to you like Mr. Scotts. And you can read DU
from non-email means like a web browser. So, somehow mail from the DU
mail server is getting dropped/lost on its way back to you. Perhaps you
may contact your ISP and see if there is anything they can determine.
Maybe they upgraded something there. Also, I have had 2 problems within the
last 2 years: need to change pgp mime signature to pgp inline signature
to appease my LUG's mailmail setup
and needed to add a return-path header so debian would allow my email.
-Kev
--

        (__)
        (oo)