Re: Packages needed for Cups Foomatic printer

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 07:51:33PM -0400, Tong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install my HP PSC 1210 usb printer. I was able to do it in
> previous Debian installation, but this time, I am having difficulties
> doing it...

Have you checked out linuxprinting.org? (See for example,
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PSC_1210
for comments on how others have used the printer.)  I only skimmed the
comments, since I'm not sure what kernel, etc. you are using.

> When I used the web-based cups printer setup,
>
> I can't find the driver "Foomatic + hpijs (recommended)" when choosing a
> driver (previously I can).
>
> When I used foomatic-gui, there is no option for me to choose an USB
> printer (previously I can).

I have only used a different model HP using the hpoj package to support
scanning also (in which case you use the HP ptal interface to the printer
rather than plain usb), so I'm not sure about other differences without
hpoj support.

Sorry not much help.
Good luck.

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.