Re: Debian and Fedora

Jason Rennie wrote:

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 05:32:06PM -0500, Mingzhai Sun wrote:
I am new in debian, actually I never used it. I tried to install once but failed. Now I am using Fedora 2. But I need a more stable system, I don't want to update my system every two days. I need a neat, stable system. I need to run matlab 6.1 and labview 6.1. Please give me some suggestion and reasons whether I should switch to debian.

I recently gave up on Fedora (after trying to move from RH9) and
switched my machines over to Debian.  What did you try to install?  If
you tried 3.0/woody, you should try installing 3.1/sarge/testing with
the new installer.  It does a much better job of auto-detecting
hardware.  See:

Or if you like the RH installer, see www.progeny.com. You still end up with a basically Sarge system.

--

Cheers