installing ndiswrapper module for 2.6.7-1-686

Using ndiswrapper for a wireless card with a windows driver on debian requires
two steps.
1. installing the ndiswrapper tools
2. installing the ndiswrapper module
Unfortunately, there is no source package for the 2.6.7-1-686 kernel that is
automatically installed if the 2.6 option is selected with the new sarge
installer.  I tired compiling with the standard 2.6.7 source.  This caused
the ndiswrapper.ko module file to be placed in /lib/modules/2.6.7/misc, and
it does not work with 2.6.7-1-686.

It appears that I must rebuild my kernel.  However, before I do this, I'd like
to know if there are any other options.
1. What is the 2.6.7-1-686 header files package for?
2. Is there a way I can get the source for the 2.6.7-1-686?
3. Is there a way to compile ndiswrapper for my current kernel despite not
having access to the source?

Thanks
--
Brian Samek