Re: Why Does KPackage Want to Pretty Much Wipe Out My System?

Scarletdown wrote:
I'm needing to get the qt libraries properly installed so I can install knewspost. In KPackage, I selected libqt3 and libqt3-mt, then clicked Install Marked. Thankfully, I also selected "Test" as well, because this is the output that I got from the test install...

You already have the qt libraries properly installed, after all everything in KDE depends on them so how could you not[if you have KDE installed]. They are called libqt3c102-mt. libqt3 is the gcc2.95 version which isn't what you want. Take a step back, a better question is why are you having problems installing knewspost? Where did you get it[since it doesn't appear to be in debian]? What form is it in[source, rpm, deb]? What have you tried? What led you to the erroneous conclusion that you wanted to install libqt3? You appear to be running a sarge/sid mix, so take stable out of your sources.list at which point you will see that libqt3 doesn't even exist anymore.