From: Didar Hussain [mailto:didar@uics-india.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 12:52 PM
To: Nabil MALIK / KTEFH - OTAS
Subject: Re: iptables rule for sshd

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 10:14:28AM +0300, NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr
wrote:

> Didar,
>
> Well, I don't have any rule for the OUTPUT chain and its Policy is
> ACCEPT by default. There is nothing in NAT as well. However, I am
quite
> sure that the problem in not with my firewall rules, as when I
> completely turn it off (/etc/init.d/iptables stop), the ssh client
> connecting from the internet still behaves the same. It appears that
it
> is able to establish the connection, by is the disconnected by the
> server. Either it's the ssh security configuration, or some other
Debian
> configuration that does this. Please advise as I am stuck with this
> issue for the last two days.

Could you repeat the whole process after doing a:

/etc/init.d/iptables clear

Also, try connecting to the server with the "-v" flag to "ssh"
like:

ssh -v -l <user_to_connect_as> server/IP-address

The "-v" (verbose) will let you know what is happening.

Didar
--

BOFH excuse #312:

incompatible bit-registration operators

                  Random signature generated by Signify v1.07
                             http://www.debian.org/

DISCLAIMER:
Bu elektronik posta ve ekleri, sadece yukarida ismi yazili alicinin dikkatine gonderilmistir. Mesajin muhatabi degilseniz, icerigini ve varsa ekindeki dosyalari kimseye aktarmayiniz ya da kopyalamayiniz. Boyle bir durumda gondereni uyarip, mesaji imha ediniz. KUVEYT TURK E.F.K. A.S bu e-postanin ve eklerinin icerdigi bilgilerin size degisiklige ugrayarak ulasmasindan veya gec ulasmasindan, butunlugunun ve gizliliginin korunamamasindan veya icerigine guvenilerek yapilacak islemlerden dolayi sorumlu tutulamaz.
This e-mail & its content have been sent to the attention of the receiver named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error), Please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Kuwait Turkish Evkaf Finance House shall not be held liable for the arrival of this e-mail & its content as modified or late, the protection of integrity and secrecy and shall not be liable to any person who acts or omits to do anything in reliance upon it.