Re: How to save the iptables rules for booting?

On Sun, Aug 01, 2004 at 05:40:57PM +0300, NabilM@kuveytturk.com.tr wrote:
> But that would be just like running /etc/init.d/iptables. But what we
> need is running the command '/etc/init.d/iptables start'.
>
> I tried to make a link with the start parameter like
>
> >ln -s /etc/init.d/iptables '/etc/rcS.d/S38iptables start'

Just doing:

ln -s /etc/init.d/iptables /etc/rcS.d/S38iptables

would had done the trick for you. The "S38" in the symlink tells
the /etc/init.d/rc to execute /etc/init.d/iptables as:

/etc/init.d/iptables start

Symlinks that begin with "Sxx" are executed as

/etc/init.d/<script> start

and those that start with "Kxx" are executed as

/etc/init.d/<script> stop

Didar

--

There was a young fellow named Case
Who entered a cunt-lapping race.

                  Random signature generated by Signify v1.07
                             http://www.debian.org/