Re: Locked out of system

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:42:32 PDT, "Gary L. Roach" writes:
>Well I have been known to do stupid things. This is one of them.

;)

>I changed fstab to mount another drive automatically. I messed up the
>entry. Now the system boots to management level ((none) prompt)  and makes
>the hard drive partitions read only.

`mount -o remount,rw /` will re-mount it read/write.

>There is no text editor available to edit fstab - assuming that I can write
>to the file. How do I get out of this mess.

The easiest way would be to mount /usr manually, after which you should
 have an editor to fix fstab.

Or take the harder way or re-creating fstab: `cat <<EOF >fstab` ;)

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /