Re: syncing pda + phone on linux?

On 2004-07-25, Silvan penned:

> Wow.  Why do I have the feeling I'm just not living in the modern
> world?  Platinum visor?  Handspring visor?  Synchronizing a mobile
> phone with a computer?
>
> Kinda makes me glad to be a hermit, I think.  :)

Depends on how you view it.  My cell phone is my only phone, and it's a
heck of a lot easier to enter contact info into the computer than it is
into the phone!  So with this setup, my PDA is where I generally look
first to find info, my computer is where it's easiest to enter the info
and rearrange it, and my cell is where it's most convenient to have
phone numbers.  But once I enter info in one place, it propagates to all
three.

It's also nice to know that if any one of the three goes braindead, the
data will be stored in two other places.  Well, the cell phone is
limited in that respect, but at least I'd have my most-used numbers.

The one gripe I have is that some part of the configuration doesn't
allow me feed multiple categories into the phone.  I have to choose one.
So I had to create a separate "phone" group just for that.  But I can
copy/paste entries inside the software interface, so it's not too, too
bad.

Mind you, my phone is a couple of years old and my PDA is even older;
it's not like this is bleeding edge technology =P

(Then again, I still haven't invested in one of those new-fangled DVD
drives, so maybe *I'm* the hermit.)

--
monique