Re: squirrelmail

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:21:05 -0500
Nathan Kroll <krolln@gmail.com> wrote:

> This isn't really debian specific or anything but I know that someone
> here will know the answer.
>
> I'd like to change the session timeout value in squirrelmail.  I can't
> seem to find any help on google or in the squirellmail docs.
>
> I'd appreciate any help.

I don't know what version you're using, so I'll assume 1.2.6 - the
version in Debian Woody.

It looks like the session is started in src/validate.php and
src/webmail.php. I also notice they don't specify a session timeout, so
it should be defaulting to 3 hours.

Setting a session_cache_expire() line after each session_start should
accomplish your desired goal. Read the following link if you're not
familiar with session_cache_expire() in php:

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.session-cache-expire.php

HTH,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #57:
Windows NT encountered the following error: The operation completed
successfully.