Software to HTMLize a text file?

I've got some ssytem staus reports that are generated by shell scripts and
emailed to various people. Now Iwant to put these up in a wbserver.

Now I know I can just stick the plain old ASCI files in a directory, or I
could rewrite the scripts to add appropriate HTML formating directives. But
I was wondering if there was anything like the tools that convert a plain
old ASCU file to PostScript for HTML conversion?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin