Re: 2.6.7 questions

Bradley Alexander wrote:

It appears that part of the problem is that for some reason (which hopefully someone can straighten out for me, modules don't seem to be autoloading. Did I forget to install something? Things work well under 2.4, I just tried to bring up an encrypted loopback filesystem and had to manually modprobe loop and cryptoloop.
Yes, I found the same, too. That 2.6 does not auto-load modules before mounting the root partition. However, it does auto-load modules after that. On 2 machines that I am testing, I have to compile the kernel and put in the IDE and m/b chip-set support to get them work. By the way, I am using 2.6.6. Also, on both machines, 2.4 works with std 2.4 kernel.

Regards,
Clement