menu 2.1.15 sorts sections differently: how to sort sections?

I have added a /etc/menu/menu.frequent with my frequently used commands:

?package(local.mystuff):needs="x11" section="0Frequent" sort="001"
title="Name 1" command="Command 1"
?package(local.mystuff):needs="x11" section="0Frequent" sort="001"
title="Name n" command="Command n"

Because I want to sort the commands not by their title, but by the way I
want to sort them, I also use this patch to menu.h:

-sort=tolower(title())
+sort=ifelse($sort,$sort,"ZZZ") ":" tolower(title())

which works fine for the commands.  But if the section name is
"Frequent", it will sort after "Apps" and "Databases" in the sections.
I *Had* been using "_Frequent" to make the section sort at the top, but
2.1.15 broke that: it now sorts "_Frequent" after "Apps", as part of its
effort to sort French things correctly as described in the changelog.

Is there a way to explicitly specify the sorting of sections like you
can for commands?  IIRC you cannot.  Am I stuck using the silly section
name "0Frequent" to make it sort to the top?  At least _Frequent kind of
stood out visually.