Re: many packages depend on mozilla-browser but I build it from source

On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 05:32:50PM -0700, William Ballard wrote:
> .......  However,
> many other interesting packages also depend on mozilla-browser.

Strike that: apparently I was way off base.  A lot of the things like
"c-cpp-reference" don't explicitly depend on mozilla-browser; they only
depend on www-browser and aptitude shows them as "depends" in "Packages
Which Depend On Mozilla-Browser" (which really isn't accurate, btw).

Looking at the list more closely, none of the packages that explicitly
depend on mozilla-browser are things I want: they are either extensions
which I manage myself or they are things like galeon or epiphany which I
don't want.

This libgecko-cil seems to be a new breed: it's some sort of wrapper for
embedding moz as a widget.  I *do* want it but I don't want to install
Debian's mozilla-browser.  Hmm.  I'm perplexed as to how to proceed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?