Re: is it possible to change apt-get's access priorities?

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 20:14:05 -0500, Jacob S. wrote:

> If I'm understanding you properly, you want apt-pinning to work with 4
> repositories: 1) CDs, 2) stable on debian.org servers, 3) testing on
> debian.org server and 4) unstable on debian.org servers.

This is really a good and comprehensive article. Some further questions:

In order to get all stable, testing and unstable from the same server,
I read that the the deb source line should be altered (but no how). Could
you give us an example?

> Package: *
> Pin: release a=stable
> Pin-Priority: 900
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=testing
> Pin-Priority: 60
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=unstable
> Pin-Priority: 60

[...]
> It should also get Woody's packages off the
> CDs instead of the internet whenever possible.

Can you explain this a bit please? The first line of my
/etc/apt/sources.list (testing) is

deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main.

I think to pick cdrom first, you have to give sarge/woody the top
priority, right?

> You can also set the following line in /etc/apt/apt.conf, but I didn't
> find it essential when I was using it:
>
> APT::Default-Release "stable";

Interesting, that was what the article I was reading suggested...

> Also, there were a couple of large library upgrades between Woody and
> Sarge (testing), such as libc6.

How big the difference is between testing and unstable? Anybody knows?

Thanks