Re: Pick up a shell session after ssh timeout

On Thursday 08 July 2004 6:54 am, Joost De Cock wrote:
> I'd like to know if it's possible to pick up a shell session that was running
> over a ssh session that timed out.

Nope, but thats why the fine folks at GNU made screen <g>

I use it all the damn time, over a ssh session that goes down at random.
My connection drops, I simply reconnect and do 'screen -r' and I am back
in business... its still running all the programs where they were etc.

I can open another window in screen ie read a manpage in one and do the
command in the other. (Or more likely; slrn in window 1 and irssi in window 2)

Check out my .screenrc for some hints that make it more pleasant
to use: <http://home.insightbb.com/~bmsims1/Scripts/Screenrc.html>

--
The problem the Dems have is that the more people hear their message,
the more people despise them.    -- Jeffrey C. Dege in RASFW