Re: Samba and Codepages question (smbmount)

Ian Macdonald <imac@laiguana.org> writes:

> Now, I believe that the problem is with the last option, "codepage". I
> hae tried with codepage=cp437, codepage=cp850, codepage=cp1252, and also
> just the raw numbers, i.e. codepage=437, codepage=850 . However, in all
> of these cases, the filename charset conversion seems to be wrong.
>
> What code should go here? It appears that newer versions of Windows use
> unicode, but WinME should should still use a particular codepage. I just
> can't find one that works...
>
> For reference, I am running kernel 2.6.6

Just a guess here but did you compile in support for the codepage you're
trying to use? That might be necessary.

You can find it under:
File Systems -> Native Language Support -> Codepage XXX

Bijan
--
Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com>
http://www.crasseux.com