Visual C++?????

Ok, yet again, my prof wants us to use Visual C++. I have not yet talked to him about this. I have decided that I will HAVE to use X, so I guess I'm looking for a IDE that will approximate this. I know of anjuta, kdevelop, and motor(console mode app). Any ideas, suggestions, or comments? The new head of the department is English! I know it doesn't matter, but he's funny as hell. Very much a lighthearted guy. I had him before. Anyway...

Cecil