is it save to clean /var/tmp?

/tmp seems to clean itself up on reboots; but /var/tmp contains a
vi.recover which I think is making me receive annoying mails about how I
can recover my files every time I reboot.

I'm going to delete /var/tmp/vi.recover, but is it safe to delete
everything else in /var/tmp after a reboot?

Here's what's in mine:

$ ls /var/tmp/
kdecache-tom       logcheck.XXfx4Uek  logcheck.XXOYfWra
[lots more logcheck files]
logcheck.XXeC5E6e  logcheck.XXlRgLlQ  logcheck.XXZYiE78
logcheck.XXeTThfb  logcheck.XXnvFoSm  vi.recover
logcheck.XXfmlIaF  logcheck.XXNwJtkV