Re: OT wordprocessing anyone?

richard lyons wrote:
Do folk here have recommendations about how to do wordprocessing? I am looking for solutions that allow well formatted technical documents, with the possibility of using well-designed templates in a modern typographic style. Interoperability and/or ease of import and export is important, as is handling of tables and inclusion of spreadsheets and graphics.

I am a newbie myself but I guess I could be of some help on this issue.

I did not like kile or lyx either. I use vim editor a lot and there is a package called vim-latexsuite available in debian. Together these two packages do amazing job. For me the amount of time to produce a latex document went down by atleast a factor of 3.

Another option to consider for small documents is texmacs. If you are an emacs expert this would be ultra-friendly. It has support for gnuplot, latex, maxima, octave etc. which makes it kinda IDE for producing latex documents. Also be aware that, texmacs file format is not .tex but you can export a .tex file at the end of the project.

hth & hand
raju

--
Home page: http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/index.html