Gui interface ideas

I have setup a series of programs for controlling/monitoring/testing
some hardware through a serial port that are all command-line based.
The engineers working on the project were fine with this, but as they go
into production, they need a more dummy-proof interface since they will
have many people testing that don't know this as well.  I was looking
for a good way to make a quick gui, ideally independent of the current
programs.  I've looked at using something as simple as a shell script
wrapper using dialog for the interface to using mozilla's framework for
writing a nice gui environment.  Other ideas are doing ncurses in perl
since my existing scripts are all in perl or even perk/tk or perl/gtk.
The last idea was develop a web-based interface since it's easily
accessible from other computers.

ncurses might be quicker and fit the bill, though I may still want a
gui.  It would also be nice to be able to run this from a windoze
computer.
--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C