Re: where is the 2.6 kernel source tree located?

On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 15:14, welly hartanto wrote:
> --- cecil <xeys_00@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I need to know so the nvidia driver can install.
> > Anyone know?
>
> Are you sure you have installed kernel-tree of your
> current kernel ??? ( apt-get install
> kernel-tree-2.4.26 for 2.4.26 kernel )
> If so, then go to /var/cache/apt/archieves. You'll
> probably find it ( if you have not do 'apt-get
> autoclean' yet ... )

If you've apt-get install foo, then you can do:

dpkg -L foo

and it will wondrously show you what files were installed where!

DIYF: dpkg is your friend

also:

dpkg -s (check current status of package)

dpkg -S file (find which package contains file, eg. /bin/bash

cheers
zen