Re: Good News Server

On Thursday 10 June 2004 1:19 am, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good news server I could use?  I'd like to post
> an article to the gnuplot newsgroup, but my isp seems to no longer be
> offering free usenet service.  If I could just post articles to a
> mail->news gateway would be nice since I can read them without too much
> trouble.  I'd prefer a free usenet server, but I might go for a
> commercial one.

For free usenet access try http://news.individual.net/ but I don't think
it does binaries.

On the commercial newsserver side, I have been very happy with
my giganews account. See http://www.giganews.com/ for more info.

--
It could be, if the Microsoft way of handling the unzipped file was
safe and reasonable, but they've written their software to be too