Re: swap problem

On 09 Jun 2004, Kolione wrote:
> i am running and older version of sarge,(havent upgraded in a while) and
> my swap will not mount, i get
> mount: mount point none does not exist
> the relevant part from my /etc/fstab
>
> /dev/hda2       none    swap    sw      0 0
>
> im wondering what i have missed, everything seems to be in order,
> checked google to no avail
> any information would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Are you using a 2.6 kernel? On changing to this recently from 2.4 I had
exactly the same experience as you. After fiddling for a bit without
success I did mkswap on the relevant /dev and I could then mount it
without difficulty. I don't know why this should be but it's what
happened.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic