Re: THANKS Re: Possible convert to Debian

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 08:45, John Fleming wrote:
> > That should be right. Up to my laptop which I installed fresh from the
> > new installer
>
> -THANK YOU- to all that have replied to this thread!  For my originally
> stated purposes, I am going to try to go with Debian stable.  I already have
> the Knoppix version of Sid on my laptop, so I can continue to learn with
> that too.  Several of you have mentioned the "new installer".  Can you
> expand on that?  IOW, where is it?  Is it included with, say, the stable
> 30r2 CD set?  It sounds like I should use it, but something about the posts
> left me wondering if it's included with all CD sets or if it needs to be
> specifically obtained from one of the branches.  - John

http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/i386/current/

That is the new "D-I" or Debian Installer. Still in dev with the
upcoming Sarge release. Right now they are @ post Test Candidate 1
(released May 30) and working up the fixings for TC2.

Things are progressing VERY VERY well. Still issues, are being resolved
in a very timely manner and wow I'd like to see M$ develop at this pace.