Re: automatic login - kiosk

Matt Kay wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a kiosk and my missing link is finding a way of bypassing the user input needed at the login shell, such that when the machine starts up, the 'kiosk' user is automatically logged in without need for any input. I have been fiddling around with inittab, su etc. but have had no luck and google comes up dry.

BTW I cannot use gdm.

Thanks in advance,
Matt Kay

You can use kdm to do that. When you installed it, just go in "control center", "system administration", "login manager" and "convenience".

Have a nice day