Re: NEC2080UX+ - "Supported Future Video Modes"

hi ya zen

experiment time

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> My real question: how do I get 1600x1200 (the native resolution) out of
> this thing?

start at 102x768
than try 1280x1024
than try 1600x1200

use only one resolution so you know the screen size is supposed to be
as you defined
	xdpyinfo | grep dimension

> The display is fuzzy - as in actively blurry like a CRT scanning at the
> wrong frequency or something (it's not just out of focus) - at all but
> 1024x768 (or something near that).
>
> According to the NEC manual, specs are:
>
> Section "Monitor"
>    Identifier  "NEC"
>    DisplaySize 410   310   # mm
>    HorizSync   31.5-91.1
>    VertRefresh 50-85
>    VendorName  "NEC"
>    ModelName   "LCD2080UX+"
>    Option      "DPMS"
> EndSection

make sure that stanza corresponds to your XF86Config file
	- check the dpms too
	- i'd comment out DisplaySize and see what happens

wrong settings for the lcd probably wont hurt it

wrong setting for old fashion crt tube might let out the nice blue
perfume, after which, it wont work anymore

c ya
alvin