Re: Need to get NFS and SMB installed and working.

On (07/06/04 18:59), res0nid7@verizon.net wrote:
> Hi,
> I asked earlier about getting the NFS server
> running on my new Sarge install. I got no replies.
> I have tried researching it myself but have not
> found anything that explains it properly. Can
> someone please help?
>
> I need to be able to access the other machines on
> my network.
A good place to start is:

http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba.html

There is also a good nfs Howto in woody:
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/NFS_HOWTO.gz

FWIW I've installed both on three servers but I'm thinking of reverting
to just samba by making the Linux workstations samba clients.

Regards

Clive

--
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk