Re: Missing Modules for lm_sensors, where do they come from?

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 11:50:21 +0200
Brian <Brian_Dorling@t-online.de> wrote:

> Chris,
> thanks for your answer, I spent most of yesterday googling and looking
> at the lm-sensors website. I found various module packages, but never
> did actually find one for my Kernel, but I also never ever found
> anything that actually stated what you have said. Maybe I am just blind.
> What also was not clear was how the Debian package I got via apt-get
> related to what I would get if I had just got the lm-sensors packages
> and compiled everything myself. I tried looking for other Debian
> packages via APT that may have had the modules, without any luck.
>
> Still now I really do know what I am looking for.

Well, again, you haven't said what kernel you're using.  You haven't
said whether you're using a stock Debian kernel, or one that you
built yourself.  As I said, that's what determines what you need to
download.  Without that bit of information, I don't know what you
need.

If you built your own kernel . . .I went to http://www.debian.org/ ,
clicked on "Mailing List Archives", clicked on "our archives can
also be searched", used the Google form, and searched on
"lm-sensors i2c modules install", looked at several of the responses,
and came upon a reply to this:

which is a pretty good step-by-step description.

OTOH, if you didn't build your kernel yourself, then you have to
install the appropriate packages.  Which packages depends on which
kernel, and only you can say what kernel you're running.  If you
installed a Debian kernel, but don't know what kernel it is,
the "uname" command can help you.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)