Re: OT - trivial programming language

On 2004-05-29, Steve Lamb penned:

>> Syntax highlighting (at least full syntax highlighting), you
>> certainly don't have.
>
>     Which would be the one.

At the risk of undermining my own argument, if you use vim as your
pager, you can get syntax hilighting.  That's what I do.  And it turns
out that if you do that, you can also set any variable, including
tab-related ones, during the pager session.  (Just found that out.)

But I still don't see why I should have to guess what settings I need to
see the code as the author saw it.  I like the ability to change tab
representations on the fly, but for code that ever expects to be shared,
I think it makes more sense to use the universal common denominator.

--
monique

"The people who run record companies now wouldn't know a song if it flew
up their nose and died." -- David Crosby, on PBS Frontline