Re: OT - trivial programming language

Once upon a time Micha Feigin said...
> On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 12:00:03PM -0600, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

> > > What kind of problems do using tabs cause?
> >
> > Your or my editor may not let you set the tab display size.
> >
> Pretty lame editor. Get a real one.

It's not just editors though. To view a file, most of the time I'll use
less(1). Other times I'll cat(1) it to an xterm and use the scrollback
buffer. When printing, mostly I'll use a2ps(1), but sometimes use
mpage(1) or just send the text to lpr(1).

These are just the programs I use. Others will undoubtedly use other
programs. All these programs are going to need a consistent way to deal
with tab expansion.

I dont mind people using tabs as long as the tab stop is set to 8 -
because that's what all programs expect as a default.

I still prefer to avoid tabs, though.