Re: Speedycgi and Openwebmail

Hi,

I was just struggling with the same problem today, and found your post.

Now that I found the solution  - unfortunately only after filing a bug on
speedy-cgi-perl :(, here it is:

go:

cp /usr/bin/speedy /usr/bin/speedy_suid
chmod 4555 /usr/bin/speedy_suid

(as per openwebmail documentation)

then:

cd /usr/bin/
rm suidperl
ln -s sperl5.8.4 suidperl (assuming that's your perl version)

make sure sperl5.8.4 is suid (chmod 4555 sperl5.8.4 if it's not)

replace #!/usr/bin/perl for #!/usr/bin/speedy_suid -T -- -T/tmp/speedy, as
documented for openwebmail,

remove the suid bit from openwebmail*.pl on the
/usr/lib/cgi-bin/openwebmail:
cd /usr/lib/cgi-bin/openwebmail
chmod u-s openwebmail*.pl

It looks like the suid bit on the scripts is making perl unhappy. I just
quickly tested here. Not sure if the missing suid will make a difference
(but then, we're using suidperl to compensate), but on the quick tests (I'm
leaving the office NOW) worked.

BR,

Joao S Veiga