Re: Only 800x600

Jacob Friis Larsen wrote:

When I was running Suse 9 Pro I could have more than 800x600. But with my new Debian testing I can only have 800x600.
What can I do?

Thanks,
Jacob

Depends on a lot of things.

You might try running "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and trying
different drivers (perhaps you have an ATI card, but you're using the
VESA driver, etc), or try setting different resolutions, or try dropping
your color depth, or try tinkering with your monitor settings. You might
need to upgrade to a newer version of X (particularly true if you're
running stock Stable, which is very old software).

If these suggestions don't get you much farther, you'll probably want to
post some details about your system (video card, amount of RAM on the
video card, which version of Debian, which version of X, any WWarnings
or EErrors in /var/log/XFree86.0.log, etc).

--
Kent