Re: Anyone using tripwire?

Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I installed tripwire following a compromise and reinstall recently.

I am using 'aide' quite happily on critical woody servers.

> It reports large numbers of violations daily, presumably as a result of
> my daily upgrades via unstable.

Does that surprise you?  Running 'unstable' means getting a lot of
changes very often.

> I really wonder if tripwire is practical on a standalone system like
> mine. Does anyone use it in similar circumstances?

Not if you are updating often.  If you updated once every three months
then in the intervening time period the check would be useful.  Or
after you performed security updates.

Bob