Re: Kernel 2.6.5 and Nvidia driver

Frédéric Dreier <frederic.dreier@uptime.ch> said on Thu, 08 Apr 2004 09:55:20 +0200:

> >That's to be expected.  It's the framebuffer.  It exists because it
> >works better for some people.
>
> Actually I though it was the way to get an higher resolution console.
> not really a 'must' but console looks better  :-)

It would also be useful for those of us who have fixed freq high
resolution large monitors. Except that I still can't get framebuffer
to work for me. If I am debugging a problem before X starts, I have to
bring in a small monitor and plug it in. Painful.

"I will never let my schooling get in the way of my education." --Mark Twain