Re: Mozilla-thunderbird

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 13:14:43 -0400
alex <radsky@ncia.net> wrote:

> I had minor problems installing Mozilla-Firefox and was eventually
> able to get it working right.  However, Mozilla-Thunderbird doesn't
> install because it seems to have a lot of broken dependencies.
>
> The only source for Thunderbird I've been able to find is:
> deb http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
> deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main
>

> Has anybody been able to get Thunderbird (deb) working?

Grab the tarball from mozilla.org and put it someplace of your choosing.
Then make a symlink to the thunderbird binary to someplace in your path
(/usr/local/bin or /usr/local/sbin are good candidates if they're in the
$PATH).

I never tried using the deb, but I know this way works fine as I've done
it a couple of times before.

--
Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
SpongeBob Squarepants