Re: Prism2 driver

mixo wrote:

After installing 2.6.4 kernel, the driver for 2.4.18 kernel does not get loaded. In fact I get
  modprobe: Can't locate module prism2_cs

and, from insmod:
prism2_cs.o: prism2_cs.o: unresolved symbol p80211netdev_hwremoved
prism2_cs.o: prism2_cs.o: unresolved symbol p802addr_to_str
prism2_cs.o: prism2_cs.o: unresolved symbol register_wlandev
prism2_cs.o: prism2_cs.o: unresolved symbol p80211netdev_rx
prism2_cs.o: prism2_cs.o: unresolved symbol unregister_wlandev
prism2_cs.o: prism2_cs.o: unresolved symbol wlan_setup
prism2_cs.o: prism2_cs.o: unresolved symbol wlan_unsetup

This would be understable if I was trying to load ther driver under 2.6.4, but this is under my old
2.4.18.

This is unclear to me. Are you trying to use the device needing the prism54 driver under 2.6.4? If so, you need to link the driver to the kernel (re-compile the driver under 2.6.4), if not, you need to remove the driver. AFAIK, if you compiled it under 2.4.18, then recompiled your kernel, the driver is STILL there only now it can't work since the kernel changed. Remove it or re-compile it. I am not a gueru and some smart person might have more insite, but that is how I understand it. HTH

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com