Re: apache won't start although no errors

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 05:25:33PM -0500, Adam Aube wrote......

> On Saturday 07 February 2004 05:20 pm, Kevin Coyner wrote:
>
> > However, if now I go back into httpd.conf, and add the following line
> > to a virtual host directive:
> > SetEnv SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR /home/vmail/sqwebmail
> > and restart once more, it all falls apart.
>
> It's because you commented out the line loading the env_module, which the
> SetEnv directives rely on. Uncomment the LoadModule line for mod_env.so,
> and the SetEnv directives should start working again.

I guess my writing wasn't too clear.

I start with the env_module line commented out to get the darn thing
running.  Once it's running, I go back into httpd.conf and UNcomment the
env_module line and restart.  It continues to work through this step.

I then go back again into httpd.conf, and this time uncomment the line:

SetEnv SQWEBMAIL_TEMPLATEDIR /home/vmail/sqwebmail

and then restart yet again.  And it's this time around that it won't
restart.  Or more accurately, it appears to start 'cause I don't get
*any* error msgs, whether on the command line or in the apache logs.
And running 'apache -t' gives a resounding OK.  So one would think that
it's up and running, but there's no PID and any attempts to view a web
page are fruitless.

Kevin