Re: Turn Debian into a Desktop-System what to do

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 07:30:43AM +0100, Alex Fitterling wrote:
> I know what i want the thing is why can't debian do
> I wish a desktop system and wish to get rid of cron and all other grab I do
> not want to see on my system. other distributions can do.. I seen it
> alex

# aptitude purge cron
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree
Reading extended state information... Done
The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
  logcheck logrotate
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  cron logcheck logrotate

That doesn't seem to have too much impact.  Go ahead and get rid of it.

Although apparently these things only plain-jane desktop want cron as
well:

# find /etc/cron* | cut -d'/' -f4 | sort | uniq

bsdmainutils
cvs
dlocate
find