Re: Please help with permissions problem

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, David Clymer wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-01-31 at 06:24, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
>
> > What am I missing?
> >

> you're missing some important information...what are the permissions on
> /home/scott/.ICEauthority ?
>
> $ ls -l ~/.ICEauthority
>
> the permissions on mine are 600:
>
> -rw-------    1 david    david         930 Jan 31 08:06 .ICEauthority
>
> --
> -davidc

Here are some of my permissions:

scott@debian:~$ ls -la .ICEauthority
-rw-------    1 root     root         1102 Jan 31 06:19 .ICEauthority
scott@debian:~$

scott@debian:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/mozilla-1.0.0
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         5872 Jun 23  2002
/usr/bin/mozilla-1.0.0
scott@debian:~$

scott@debian:~$ ls -ld ~/
drwxr-xr-x    9 scott    scott        4096 Jan 31 06:19 /home/scott/
scott@debian:~$

I tried changing ownership on my .ICE directory above to scott, but when
KDE said it couldn't write to it, I sudo'd its startup again.

This is all from a stock install of Debian off Woody floppies.  I have
done nothing special other than to add my scott account as sudo via:

under root: visudo

and my /etc/sudoers list is:

scott@debian:~$ cat /etc/sudoers
# sudoers file.
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
#

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification