Re: Apache & PHP4 won't play together

Kevin Krumwiede wrote
> I'm using 3.0r2 on sparc.  I installed apache and php4 via apt-get.
> Apache refuses to start with the following line uncommented in
> httpd.conf:
>
> # LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
>
> Package versions are apache 1.3.26-0woody3 and php4 4.1.2-6woody3.
>
> Others have described exactly the same problem, on various
> architectures:
>
> http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/lists/slug/2002/February/msg00159.html
> http://www.alphalinux.org/archives/debian-alpha/October2000/0116.html
>
> Any solutions?  Please cc me.

I just got done fighting that same battle.  The solution I manged to find
somewhere (wish I could remember where, though) was to edit the file
/etc/php4/apache/php.ini and comment out the line
extension=imap.so
On my system that line was at the very end of the file.

I'm running Debian unstable on an Athlon, but I'm vaguely recalling that
this problem is not architecture specific.  Something about PHP's IMAP and
Apache not getting along.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.