Re: Programs with colourful, moving, images???

Alex Bartok wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Minar [mailto:Jan.Minar@seznam.cz]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 8:10 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Programs with colourful, moving, images???

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 06:15:49PM +0100, Iwan van der Kleyn wrote:

My three month old daughter loves to watch glxgears running maximized on
one of my monitors while I work at the other. The big, revolving and

Won't this ruin her vision?  My sister wouldn't allow her 8-months-old
to watch TV -- or is this just another urban legend?

#1 - http://www.optometrists.bc.ca/news/03-10-07.php

colourful wheels seem to attrect her attention like a  magnet.  So
therefore my question. Are there any other programs, demos like
glxgears, which display some sort of big, animated figures??

  what about other xscreensaver hacks?

there used to be fairly big demo scene for personal computers (Amigas, PCs etc.) - I've even seen some demos for X so if you search for it you might find some nice eye-candy demos (not sure how to best search for it but simlpy googlin for demo scene turned out few relevant links).

	erik