postfix and dynamicmaps during upgrade

I'm running Postfix on a box installed with testing, and yesterday did
an apt-get dist-upgrade that did quite of bit of upgrading to Postfix
(taking it to ver 2.0.16.4).

In the process my mail system broke.  It's a virtual system that uses
MySQL for mapping of various domains and was working great until this
upgrade.

I'm trying to figure out what happened and have turned on verbose
logging in Postfix and have figured out that smtpd is checking my MySQL
"alias" mappings (i.e. mail sent to info@mydomain.com is redirected to
me@mydomain.com), but it doesn't go on to check the 'user' table that
has the real email addresses set up.

I'm not sure why it has stopped checking this table, but I think I
noticed the addition of a new .cf file in this update - dynamicmaps.cf.
I don't remember having seen this before.

Would appreciate any tips if someone has been down this path before.

Thanks
Kevin