wlan-ng and IPv6?

I'm trying to configure IPv6 on a laptop running Debian/testing, kernel
2.4.21, and linux-wlan-ng 0.2.0.  IPv4 works great - I plug in the card and
have connectivity a few seconds later.  However, I'm having some problems
with IPv6 setup.  Specifically, whenever I try to configure the wlan0
interface for IPv6, it doesn't seem to work, and I lose all IPv4
connectivity until I remove and re-insert the card.

Here's my /etc/network/interfaces:

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
        wireless_mode managed

iface wlan0 inet6 static
      address 2001:470:1f01:224:2::64
      netmask 80
      gateway 2001:470:1f01:224:2::1

I preload the ipv6 module at boot.  If the "inet6" stanza above is active,
then IPv4 doesn't work even though the interfaces claims it's up and I have
a valid outbound route (I can't even ping the router).  If the "inet6"
stanza is commented out, I have a perfectly working IPv4 connection.

Any ideas?
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.