confused with initrd.gz VERSES initrd.img

Hello everybody,

Sorry for using caps I did it to disdingush between the code

THIS IS WHAT MY LILO LOOKS RIGHT NOW.

		boot=/dev/hdb
		vga=791
		timeout=50
		append = "hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi
hdh=scsi apm=power-off nomce"

		prompt
		delay = 50
		root=/dev/hdb1

		image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
			label=Linux.org
			read-only
			initrd=/boot/initrd.gz

THIS IS WHAT IT SHOULD BE I GUESS

install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/map
image=/vmlinuz
     label=Linux
     initrd=/initrd.img
image=/vmlinuz.old
     label=Linux.old
     initrd=/initrd.img.old

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE IN MY BOOT FOLDER AFTER INSTALLING KERNEL2.6.01-686
THE INSTALL ASKED IF I LIKE TO HAVE THE LINKS MADE AND i CONFIRMED WITH YES.
I DON'T SEE THE LINKS AND initrd.gz VERSES initrd.img TOTALLY GET ME CONFUSED

System.map -> System.map-2.4.22-xfs
System.map-2.4.22-xfs
System.map-2.6.0-1-686
boot.0340
config-2.4.22-xfs
config-2.6.0-1-686
debian.bmp -> /usr/share/lilo/contrib/debian.bmp
debianlilo.bmp -> /usr/share/lilo/contrib/debianlilo.bmp
initrd.gz
initrd.img-2.6.0-1-686
map
sarge.bmp -> /usr/share/lilo/contrib/sarge.bmp
sid.bmp -> /usr/share/lilo/contrib/sid.bmp
vmlinuz -> vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
vmlinuz-2.6.0-1-686

Could someone please explain this to me?

--
Dennis Kaplan

http://vmclinks.com
http://guyscope.com